Last night, LeBron James played his first game with the Cleveland Cavaliers since Game 5 of the 2010 Eastern Conference Finals. There has been a lot of hype leading up to his return, and LeBron knew it. Even mentioned it in his pregame speech to his team:
Wait a minute? Did LeBron James say this game was one of the biggest sporting spectacles in the history of sports? The television ratings proved it wasn’t even one of the biggest sporting spectacles on October 30, 2014. It got beat by last night’s Saints (3-4) vs. Panthers (2-4-1) regular season matchup on NFL Network. But hey, we’re not going to argue with the King. He clearly knows what he’s talking about. I mean, he did predict not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, and not 7 titles in Miami. (He was right! They only had 2!)
Here are The Top 10 Greatest Sports Spectacles In The History of Sports, according to LeBron James:
10. Charlotte Bobcats vs. Miami Heat – March 3, 2014
- LeBron eclipsed 60 points for the first time in his career. But it was against the Bobcats, sooo…
9. Westchester (CA) vs. St. Vincent-St. Mary – February 9, 2003
- LeBron put up 52 points for St. LeBron-St. Mary High School. And LeBron literally said after the game, “I just feel like LeBron James has got a big bullseye on him.” LeBron even referred to LeBron as LeBron when LeBron was a young LeBron.
8. LeBron’s State Farm Cleveland Browns commercial
- This technically isn’t a game, but LeBron believes that anytime LeBron is shown in a Cleveland Browns uniform, it’s a great sporting spectacle.
7. Miami Heat’s Big-Three Concert
- When LeBron asked himself where LeBron wanted to rank this on LeBron’s list, LeBron answered, “Not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4 not 5, not 6, but 7. Rank it at 7.”
6. Detroit Pistons vs. Cleveland Cavaliers – December 21, 2006
- The Cavaliers got killed in this game, losing by 17, but LeBron had a really good chalk toss before the game.
5. Giants vs. Cowboys – September 8, 2013
- LeBron stood on the sidelines of this game.
4. San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat, NBA Finals Game 7 – June 20, 2013
- LeBron put up 37, helping LeBron to beat that team of non-LeBron’s to win LeBron another NBA championship.
3. Texas vs. USC, Rose Bowl – January 4, 2006
- This was just a really good game.
2. Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Memphis Grizzlies – November 29, 2003
- The Cavaliers didn’t even win this game, losing 122-115 in double overtime. Not to mention, it was the Cavs’ 6th loss in a row giving them a 4-13 record, but LeBron was on the court for 55 of the possible 58 minutes, so LeBron thinks it’s the greatest ever.
- This was LeBron’s return to Cleveland, so clearly LeBron believes the entire sports world* is tuned in to LeBron.
* – or at least those who weren’t watching that regular season Saints-Panthers game.
• • •
This post was created by Austin. You can follow him and his jokes on Twitter: @TheAHuff
Also, for up-to-the-minute sports jokes, follow Korked Bats on Twitter: @KorkedBats